Welcome to the Donations page!
This is where you can play a direct role in the support of this year’s Spanish Peaks Celtic Music Festival!
There are three major ways that you can contribute.
- The first is by becoming a volunteer or a housing host. The Festival depends completely on our volunteers. You can learn more by clicking here.
- The second way is by making an affordable monetary donation. You may make a donation by printing and mailing this form, or by directly accessing the donation option in Square, our online payment system.
- The third way is by becoming a Festival Sponsor. We have established five levels of sponsorship, all of which offer attractive perks as a way of thanking you for your support. If a sponsorship level of support interests you, but you have different ideas about how we can support you in return please contact us with your proposal.
So, those are three main ways to contribute. What about the question of “Why?” There are a number of reasons why individuals and businesses want to contribute.
- The Festival is now in its 15th year! This is an amazing fact considering the reality that raising the necessary funding is an annual challenge. Our long-term desire is to find sponsors whose participation allows us to approach each year with financial confidence.
- The Festival makes an important contribution to cultural diversity and exposure in an otherwise remote and economically challenged rural county.
- The Festival draws musicians and attendees from all parts of the world, in part because of the beautiful and unspoiled setting of Huerfano County, and also in part because of the unique character of this Festival. It is not a “beer fest.” It is not a highly commercialized, corporate event. It is an intimate setting in which performers, attendees, and community residents are able to interact closely, and grow from the encounter.
- The Festival makes a point of being an annual presence in the County public schools, providing professional instruction and performance events at no charge to the schools.
- In addition to daily concerts, “demo” events, and workshops, the Festival, to the degree that the budget allows, offers many events that are free to all. In 2018 there were sixteen such events.
- The Festival has a positive economic impact on Huerfano County. Most of our festival attendees are not from Huerfano County, meaning they come and spend their tourist dollars on places to stay, eat, and on other activities and attractions for the four days they are here.
- The Festival is a 501(c)(3) non-profit enterprise. Your donation is tax deductible.
- 100% of your donation is directed to Festival expenses and in funding the school outreach program.
- Finally, by donating or sponsoring the Spanish Peaks International Celtic Music Festival, you will feel the pride that comes with being an important part of making this event continue to happen.
With sincere gratitude for your interest and belief in the value of this festival,